ICDO Buy ICDO Gear at the ICDO CafePress Store!
Toggle Content Toggle Content

Toggle Content
Menu:

Toggle Content
User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Nickname
Password

Membership:
Latest: slayname
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 7913

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 39
Total: 39
Who Is Where:
 Visitors:
01: Forums
02: Forums
03: Forums
04: Forums
05: Forums
06: Photo Gallery
07: Forums
08: Forums
09: Forums
10: Forums
11: Forums
12: Forums
13: Forums
14: Forums
15: Forums
16: Forums
17: Forums
18: Forums
19: Forums
20: Forums
21: Forums
22: Forums
23: Photo Gallery
24: Forums
25: Photo Gallery
26: Forums
27: Forums
28: Photo Gallery
29: Forums
30: Forums
31: Forums
32: Forums
33: Forums
34: Photo Gallery
35: Forums
36: Forums
37: Forums
38: Photo Gallery
39: Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content
Donations

Donate and suport ICDO!

Forums › General › Off Topic › Election 2012

Election 2012
Non Paintball Stuff Here!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexOff Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eviladam
Novice
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Re: Election 2012

As an added note Mexico sounds like a good place since all the guns I want I can just buy from the US president! go go fast and furious!
Nobody
ICDO Supporter
ICDO Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: Election 2012

i thought the fuel companies put the price of gas, not the president or even the government.

look at it this way. anything in life it takes far longer to build something than it is to destroy. Clinton balanced the budget, and then Bush turned that budget into debt.

also, to ask the senators and reps to take a pay cut is hilarious. next you want them to pay INTO social security, instead of just collecting it. forget about even asking them to do a co-pay on THEIR health care.

you want job security, get a job in Congress.

Crash1976 wrote:
if it was an LCD I was going to make a VooDoo doll of you and stab the 5h!t out of you for swapping boards... but no LCD, so swap away. Cuz you were gonna be all rolling on the floor n' scream'n n' 5h!t... you wer're gonna be like "ah gods!...what have I done!!" and I was gonna be like "take that you eclipse bastardizing piece of fecal matter!"
JTPimp
ICDO Supporter
ICDO Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Election 2012

Barack Hussein Obama... Good bye nation

zinger565
ICDO Supporter
ICDO Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Election 2012

eh, Politicians on the whole are mostly full of crap anyways. Like I said before, nothing they promise rarely gets done, and even then, it's usually by accident. They usually claim credit for stuff that happens during their term, whether it was because of them or not, and they only care about getting re-elected.

The biggest problem I have/had with Romney and his campaign had less to do with $$, and more to do with rights.

Anyways, I'm not trying to start a debate. I'm sure with either candidate winning, they're going to try to take care of this mess that's been created over the last 12 years. Hopefully the Senate and House can get their panties un-bundled and work together to get some stuff done.

Crash1976
Pro Thread Jacker
Pro Thread Jacker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Election 2012

I just cant believe that people feel like another four years of the same leadership is going to do the trick. I think if your getting a gov't check you shouldn't be allowerd to vote... isnt that like voting yourself a raise? Oh wait, congress been doing that forever... nevermind.

On wierd facial affectations...
mayford5 wrote:
I don't care how progressive casual Friday gets that is still not acceptable.

Roads?....Where we're going, we don't need roads... -Rom 5:1-2
Feedback---> www.icd-owners.com/htm...mp;t=13878
dblk22vball
ICDO Supporter
ICDO Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Election 2012

Crash1976 wrote:
I just cant believe that people feel like another four years of the same leadership is going to do the trick. I think if your getting a gov't check you shouldn't be allowerd to vote... isnt that like voting yourself a raise? Oh wait, congress been doing that forever... nevermind.

haha, Ill second that...

63VDub
Pro Headcase

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Election 2012

Well, looks like the election is over. I hope this time around that Obama and his staff devote themselves to reforming the debt.

I didn’t see modular electronics until I was already a man,
by then to me it was only blinding.
The harnesses betray you because they belong to me.”
kwik
Pro Baller
Pro Baller

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Election 2012

You just did the same thing Romney did all election and avoided the answer of what his plan was to fix things and instead attacked obama. That is not a plan to fix things so why would I vote for someone who wont even tell us what he will do to help the situation. Unemployment is at 7.9% and is something that will be addressed, it is part of the reason why Obama Did get the vote in Ohio. You have to realize the situation handed to Obama was dimal, he was set up to have number go even worse before they got better, he had to bail out the auto industry to keep it from collapsing and saving thousands of jobs in the process and he had to handle major natural disasters, of course you have to spend money on those things or just let the country go to ****.

Obama has not increased the national debt more than everyone else...period.

As of February 23, 2012:

Debt Held by the Public: $10.6 trillion
Intragovernmental Holdings: $4.8 trillion
Total Public Debt Outstanding: $15.4 trillion

President Obama was inaugurated as president on January 20, 2009

So, using the penny debt calculator to look at the timeframe from the date of President Obama's inauguration to now, we can get the figures needed to validate the claim.

On the date of President Obama's inauguration, rounded debt figures for debt accumulated by all previous presidents are as follows:

Debt Held by the Public: $6.3 trillion
Intragovernmental Holdings: $4.3 trillion
Total Public Debt Outstanding: $10.6 trillion

So, if we subtract these (unrounded) figures from the (unrounded) current figures above, we are left with the accumulate debt that can be attributed to President Obama.

Debt Held by the Public: $10.6 trillion - $6.3 trillion = $4.37 trillion
Intragovernmental Holdings: $4.8 trillion - $4.3 trillion = $0.44 trillion
Total Public Debt Outstanding: $15.4 trillion - $10.6 trillion = $4.8 trillion

eviladam wrote:
First off what majorly positive moves did Obama make the first term? Obama care is pragmatic at best wrought with ******** that has nothing to do with health care and the changes they made all the while telling us its not tax was then declared as a tax.

Secondly you ask what Romney would do for the debt yet you fail to recognize what Obama has done to increase it more than ALL of the other presidents before him combined!

Lastly I live in New Mexico which I knew was going Obama, too many Yahoos around here to make an intelligent choice and way too many people getting cheques for doing nothing. So with that in mind I voted for Gary Johnson who listed a Clear plan for Jobs, Debt, War, and Health Care. He has a proven track record as the Gov of New Mexico for 2 terms in which he squash corruption, had the ONLY administration in the history of New Mexico to balance a Budget and have a surplus, He created thousands of jobs in a state that only has 2.5m people(legally) and is Socially Liberal as he supports Gays, Abortion, ect.

There were options but you and 90mil other people were too damn lazy to look at them, thats the bottom line. Instead you voted for a Failed Economy(fact), 15% and rising unemployment, Gas prices that have doubled since 2008, Escalation in the Middle East, National Credit rating that has Defaulted TWICE, A bill that can detain US citizens that dare to stand up against him without charges or a trial. On top of all that the guy was elected senator with 1 vote, only served 180 days of that term and only showed up to work for his constituency for ~90 days, He was also chosen to spear head the opposition for the reform of Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac as a freshman senator. The only thing I look at are the facts of someones record, so I am educated on the subject before I cast a vote. But good luck when gas hits $10 a gallon!
kwik
Pro Baller
Pro Baller

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Election 2012

Quote::
And it’s also untrue — as claimed in a graphic widely circulated by email and in social media postings — that the debt has increased more under Obama than under all previous 43 presidents combined. In fact, as of Jan. 31, 2012, the rise under Obama had yet to surpass the rise under his predecessor, George W. Bush.

The figures in that graphic are pure fabrications, as anyone can easily confirm by plugging Obama’s inauguration date — Jan. 20, 2009 — in the Treasury Department’s handy “debt to the penny” website. That shows the nation’s total debt stood at $10.6 trillion on the day Obama took office (not $6.3 trillion), and it had increased to nearly $15.4 trillion by the end of January 2012 — a rise of more than $4.7 trillion in just over three years (not $6.5 trillion).

That’s a huge increase to be sure — 44.5 percent. And the Congressional Budget Office now projects that it will grow to more than $16 trillion by the end of the current fiscal year on Sept. 30. At that point, the debt will have increased by more dollars in Obama’s first four years than it did in George W. Bush’s entire eight-year tenure, when it rose by $4.9 trillion. The rise under Obama would then be the biggest dollar increase for any [single] president in U.S. history
That's still nominal dollars. Let's compare the total debt increases of the last five presidents in present dollars:

•Obama: $4.89 T
•Bush II: $5.73 T ($2.40 T in first term, $3.33 T in second)
•Clinton: $2.21 T
•Bush I: $2.54 T
•Reagan: $3.82 T
To adjust for inflation, I used the average CPI values from the presidents' terms. Notably, under Obama the total public debt has increased by 38% in real terms, versus 54% under Bush II and 108% under Reagan.

So —

•Obama has not “accepted more debt than all previous U.S. presidents combined,” or even half that. Nor has he raised the total debt more than the previous four presidents, or even half that. But during his tenure, the total debt has risen faster than at any other point in U.S. history.
•Bush II holds the record for raising the debt more than any other single president. Obama will break this record in nominal terms at the end of the fiscal year and in real terms at the end of his term.
•Reagan is the only president out of the past five to have “accepted more debt than all previous U.S. presidents combined.” In real terms, he doubled the total debt. In nominal terms, he almost tripled it.
•Before that, FDR raised the total debt in real terms almost sixfold and in nominal terms eightfold. Lincoln raised it in real terms 20-fold and in nominal terms 30-fold.
kwik
Pro Baller
Pro Baller

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Election 2012

In the end we are forgetting the most important thing recently, my thread on making beer!

Also I apologize if I came out a bit strong there, each of us is more than welcome to their opinions and outlook on the state of the country, presidency and economy and who and what we think is good and bad for those subjects. I personally believe the right decision was made last night, a lot of you disagree, at least we are not in Equilibrium.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexOff Topic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: