ICDO Buy ICDO Gear at the ICDO CafePress Store!
Toggle Content Toggle Content

Toggle Content
Menu:

Toggle Content
User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Nickname
Password

Membership:
Latest: KillNThrill24
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 7879

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 63
Total: 63
Who Is Where:
 Visitors:
01: Home
02: Photo Gallery
03: Forums
04: Photo Gallery
05: Forums
06: Forums
07: Forums
08: Forums
09: Forums
10: Forums
11: Forums
12: Forums
13: Forums
14: Forums
15: Forums
16: Forums
17: Forums
18: Forums
19: Forums
20: Forums
21: Forums
22: Forums
23: Forums
24: Forums
25: Forums
26: Forums
27: Forums
28: Forums
29: Forums
30: Forums
31: Photo Gallery
32: Forums
33: Forums
34: Photo Gallery
35: Forums
36: ICDO Chat
37: Photo Gallery
38: Your Account
39: Forums
40: Forums
41: Photo Gallery
42: Forums
43: Forums
44: Photo Gallery
45: Forums
46: Forums
47: Forums
48: Forums
49: Forums
50: Forums
51: Home
52: Forums
53: Forums
54: Forums
55: Contact Us
56: Forums
57: Forums
58: Forums
59: Forums
60: Photo Gallery
61: Forums
62: Forums
63: Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content
Donations

Donate and suport ICDO!

Forums › Marker Talk › Problem/Tech forum :: Archives › Bushy Board with PDS and LCD? :: Archived

Bushy Board with PDS and LCD?
Have a problem with your marker? Ask here
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Revive this topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexProblem/Tech forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crash1976
Pro Thread Jacker
Pro Thread Jacker

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Bushy Board with PDS and LCD?

Ok, So I have this Eclipse bushy with PDS I'm working on. the electronics are somewhat of a basket case. I knew this when I bought it. worst case scenario:
New Wiring Harness
New Noid
Possibly new Board

I think the board is ok. It's a tiny little board with only a 12 pin connector. I found a wiring diagram here in the gallery, so I have that info. I don't think This board is factory on this marker as it has a Shocktech fill plate where the LCD should be and when I look in the tray I can see where there used to be some sticky where the LCD board was located.

I don't know what board it currently has. Is it a stock B2K4 board with PDS or is it some other aftermarket board?

I want to put the LCD back in, it but it doesn't appear this board will accomodate that wish.

I can steal the daughter board and LCD from my X-mill and even the board but the x-mill board will not fit in the grip along with the battery. Plus the X-mill board is a bit inferior.

So,
Question:
Is there a board that WILL accomodate the LCD and still fit in the grip with the battery?

All advice and help is appreciated!
TSelanne
ICDO Supporter
ICDO Supporter

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Bushy Board with PDS and LCD?

Crash1976 wrote:
Question:
Is there a board that WILL accomodate the LCD and still fit in the grip with the battery?

All advice and help is appreciated!

I had the same problem w/my eclipse. After a few phone calls, I was told original eclipses produced never had pds installed. If someone milled your tray for pds switch like mine, and if you want a LCD board, you'll have to run the 9v in the tank cover - at least I couldn't figure out a way to make it fit. Dual A23's might fit in the tray though...... but I'm quite sure that LCD boards don't come any smaller.

Crash1976
Pro Thread Jacker
Pro Thread Jacker

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Bushy Board with PDS and LCD?

Who did you talk to that confirmed that Eclipse Bushys never were available with pds?

This is most likey the case with mine however as I can tell that the PDS switch milling was done after the power switch milling. I can tell as the anno was done after the power switch was milled but before the PDS switch. also the eye covers anno does not match the marker, eclipse would have never let that pass.lol

I wonder if there is a specialty 9v battery available maybe Lithium or Nimh that would fit in the grip with the larger board?

On wierd facial affectations...
mayford5 wrote:
I don't care how progressive casual Friday gets that is still not acceptable.

Roads?....Where we're going, we don't need roads... -Rom 5:1-2
Feedback---> www.icd-owners.com/htm...mp;t=13878
TSelanne
ICDO Supporter
ICDO Supporter

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Bushy Board with PDS and LCD?

^^ yep, same as mine. As far as I know 9v's are all the same size. Maybe combining individual cells like they do with RC applications might work?..... but I think you're stuck going 9v in the tank cover unless you switch out the board for a non-LCD.

A guy over at ICD informed me - took me a few trys to find the right person - apparently the guy I spoke with has been there for years; he performed the wiring on the eclipses once they returned from milling.

Crash1976
Pro Thread Jacker
Pro Thread Jacker

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Bushy Board with PDS and LCD?

ok. so if what we have seen so far is true, then explain to me this:

I know eclipse bushys came with LCD's, maybe not ALL of them but MOST did. I had one and there is one on Ebay right now. WHERE DOES THE BATTERY GO? There is no battery door like stock bushys. Is it in the grip? If so what board is small enough to accommodate the 9v battery? Its been years since i had my Eclipse bushy so I forget. Did you have to remove the body from the tray to change the batt?

so maybe eclpse bushys didn't come with PDS, but they sure did come with LCD's...how'd they work that one out. Maybe someone with an eclipse bushy with LCD could take a pick of thier grip opened up etc.???

mayford5 wrote:

TSelanne
ICDO Supporter
ICDO Supporter

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Bushy Board with PDS and LCD?

Battery was in the tray, in front of the on/off switch - lcd doesn't get in the way as it's in back behind the noid. No batt door, would have to remove tray to remove/replace the 9v.

Crash1976
Pro Thread Jacker
Pro Thread Jacker

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Bushy Board with PDS and LCD?

TSelanne wrote:
Battery was in the tray, in front of the on/off switch - lcd doesn't get in the way as it's in back behind the noid. No batt door, would have to remove tray to remove/replace the 9v.

Exactly, but what DOES get in the way when you add PDS is the PDS switch. It takes up space in the tray that otherwise would acommodate the battery.

My thoughts so far are to:
-Use older board that supports LCD and PDS but is too large to acommodate the battery in the grip.
-Reinstall the LCD+daughter board
-fabricate some kind of saddle pack using 6x1.5v rechargable cells, locating 4 cells in the tray and 2 in the grip frame with a pigtail charge jack for rechargeing. making removing the grip anel the only necessary disassembly for recharging.

I havn't gotten much further than just the idea at this point so no calling me an idiot just yet. I know 9v batteries are composed of 6 individual cells so this might be possible, Maybe if I use N size cells?
Crash1976
Pro Thread Jacker
Pro Thread Jacker

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Bushy Board with PDS and LCD?

Ok, so we all know If you want pds your battery has to go in the grip which means if you have the old LCD board you have to go to a smaller board so the battery will fit. So if you want PDS and LCD you either have to power it off your good looks, wich is tough when you have a face made for radio, or find an alternate battery source thats smaller.

I found these little gems in the electronics store yesterday, each is 3v so wired in series it makes the needed 9v.

At 2.99 each that makes an expensive pack but i did find them on the internet for 1.99 and Once I figure out how to get the solder to stick to them I can probably get them cheaper buying in bulk.

mayford5 wrote:

Spitlebug
Medicated
Medicated

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Bushy Board with PDS and LCD?

Traditionally we have used 12v batteries. CR23A's.

So good, I don't need feedback.
Crash1976
Pro Thread Jacker
Pro Thread Jacker

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Bushy Board with PDS and LCD?

Found out you can't solder Lithum batteries, they have to be spot welded. Soldering heat is too much for them...can cause voltage drop and or EXPLOSION....wich I think we all can agree is not good. Looks like I'll need to resin cast a battery holder for them....shouldn't be too hard. Got all the wiring issues worked out and the gun is back together now, just need a 2k3 or newer PDS 12 pin board...since I fried the last one. Don't know if I fried it or if it died on it's own....i'm leaning toward "I fried it". So if you have one send me a pm. also if someone knows where I can get one of the eclipse jewel logos for the side of the marker I'm missing one. It's the triangular one that goes on the tray.
Post new topic   Revive this topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexProblem/Tech forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: