ICDO Buy ICDO Gear at the ICDO CafePress Store!
Toggle Content Toggle Content

Toggle Content
Menu:

Toggle Content
User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Nickname
Password

Membership:
Latest: venomj
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 7891

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 108
Total: 108
Who Is Where:
 Visitors:
01: Forums
02: Photo Gallery
03: Forums
04: Forums
05: Forums
06: Photo Gallery
07: Forums
08: Photo Gallery
09: Forums
10: Photo Gallery
11: Forums
12: Forums
13: Forums
14: Forums
15: Forums
16: Photo Gallery
17: Forums
18: Forums
19: Forums
20: Photo Gallery
21: Forums
22: Forums
23: Forums
24: Forums
25: Photo Gallery
26: Home
27: Photo Gallery
28: Forums
29: Forums
30: Forums
31: Forums
32: Forums
33: Forums
34: Forums
35: Forums
36: Photo Gallery
37: Forums
38: Forums
39: Forums
40: Forums
41: Forums
42: Forums
43: Forums
44: Photo Gallery
45: Forums
46: Forums
47: Forums
48: Photo Gallery
49: Forums
50: Photo Gallery
51: Forums
52: Forums
53: Forums
54: Forums
55: Home
56: Forums
57: Forums
58: Forums
59: Photo Gallery
60: Photo Gallery
61: Forums
62: Forums
63: Forums
64: Forums
65: Photo Gallery
66: Forums
67: Forums
68: Photo Gallery
69: Photo Gallery
70: Photo Gallery
71: Forums
72: Photo Gallery
73: Forums
74: Forums
75: Photo Gallery
76: Forums
77: Forums
78: Forums
79: Forums
80: Forums
81: Forums
82: Forums
83: Your Account
84: Forums
85: Forums
86: Forums
87: Photo Gallery
88: Photo Gallery
89: Forums
90: Home
91: Photo Gallery
92: Your Account
93: Forums
94: Home
95: Forums
96: Forums
97: Photo Gallery
98: Photo Gallery
99: Forums
100: Forums
101: Forums
102: Forums
103: Your Account
104: Forums
105: Forums
106: Forums
107: Forums
108: Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content
Donations

Donate and suport ICDO!

Forums › General › Paintball talk :: Archives › ANSGear.com :: Archived

ANSGear.com
Talk about anything related to paintball here.
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Revive this topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexPaintball talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuey
ICDO Supporter
ICDO Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: ANSGear.com

What do you think of these people? I just put in a complaint to the BBB on them re" ad and warranty practices.

Company Information: ANS Xtreme780 Chambers Lane, Ste. 210Simi Valley, CA 93065Website: www.ansgear.comPhone: (805) 522-8700 Complaint Text The Company modifies paintball markers (guns) with their own body kits and markets the product as an "ANS" branded product in the "ANS" brand section of its website. Essentially a body kit, with another company's gun internals. Meaning the gun tech at ANS had to modify and take apart another company's product, doctoring it, in order to make it the ANS branded product. The product that I purchased had a failure that should have been covered under warranty however and when I called ANS about the product, they said in an email that it is not their product and that I would have to go to the other manufacturer even though the marker is clearly labelled and "ANS Razor Ion marker". The other manufacturer in question is called Smart Parts and the ANS Razor Ion was not placed in the Smart Parts section of products but ANS'. Additionally they have me the run around regarding warranty for the marker. They said in an email which I kept that ANS warranty's "their" products for a year. Then when I showed them proof of purchase, they backtracked and said that the ANS Razor marker was not their product. This is clearly deceptive advertisement. Resolution Sought: Revise and state in each ad it warranty practices for equipment they market as ANS branded equipment. Date Problem Started: 5/21/2010Date of Transaction: 1/21/2010Amount in Dispute: $0.00Invoice Number: 74876Complaint Type: Ad PracticesProduct or Service: Company is a third party distributor of paintball equipment. If you have any questions regarding your complaint, please contact the Complaint Dept. at (805) 963-8657 or email info @ santabarbara.bbb.org. Complaint Department BBB of the Tri-Counties
maloneoni
Man with no name
Man with no name

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: ANSGear.com

I have heard alot of complaints about these people.

63VDub wrote:
I see potential for a CO2 operated tattoo gun...

Beating plowshares into swords.
jtusa181
ICDO Juvenile Delinquent
ICDO Juvenile Delinquent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: ANSGear.com

I dont do business with them because there rep keeps getting worse it seems...

Yo, everyone that's calling me a troll can suck my ears, neck, nose, toes, knee.* I want to know if any of you can best me in a physical confrontation.
Martix_agent
ICDO Supporter
ICDO Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: ANSGear.com

i've used them several times in a recent past and didn't have any issues.

but that is certainly an interesting problem that you came cross.

Feedback
mayford5
Pro Baller
Pro Baller

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: ANSGear.com

Did you guys see this?
www.ansgear.com/Smart_...s/1474.htm
How much of that little SP impulse looks like the luxe. Funny to me anyway.
Chuey
ICDO Supporter
ICDO Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: ANSGear.com

I have serious issues with their customer service trying to sass me.
(Long winded)

First here this is the descrip from their "ANS Gun section" notice they say choose the best "ANS" gun that suits you and also references Ions and Cockers like the one that I bought that they f*ed up when they put it back together.

"ANS has been a leader in the paintball industry for over 15 years. Our paintball guns have been tested through years of experience to bring you the best the market has to offer. ANS paintball guns are 100% made and assembled in the USA. ANS Xtreme was established in 1982 and their first guns were produced in 1994. Innovation and determination has brought you the latest and greatest Ions and Cockers the industry has ever seen.

Feel confident that if you purchase an ANS Paintball Gun, that you will not only receive the best possible gun but our industry leading customer service. Choose the ANS gun that is best suited for your style of play."

So you read the BBB complaint about the board frying. I first emailed them about what happened not expecting a warranty. I asked if there was any chance I could buy a stock board or aftermarket at around cost since it wasn't my fault, double noting that it was an ANS Razor Ion.

Here was their response.
"We are sorry to hear of this issue. We have not once seen this problem before in the years we have sold this particular item. Unfortunately we cannot warranty this item being it has been over a year. We cannot offer a board at a discount price. We do have many aftermarket boards available on the site if you would like to look into them"

SO I said WOW, they have a one year warranty, they admit that the ANS Razor is their Ion but its out of warranty. So I immediately send them my order number showing that it was purchased this year and the guy at ANS then sends me an email backsliding.

"ANSgear.com cannot perform warranty work on items which are not ours. We warranty OUR product, not all other vendors. Please read our terms of use, all of this information is available here: www.ansgear.com/terms.asp

All brands offer a MANUFACTURER warranty on their product, not a warranty with ANSgear.com. Each vendor will stand behind their product and support you as best they can. Please read the information above and it should explain all the details to you. "

And I'm saying to myself did they or did they not call their line of autocockers and Ions their markers and they would provide leading customer service? It was all talk unfortunately. I'd like for the BBB to make them alter their advertising promises.
Crash1976
Pro Thread Jacker
Pro Thread Jacker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: ANSGear.com

i had good luck with them, but I never bought anything ANS brand

On wierd facial affectations...
mayford5 wrote:
I don't care how progressive casual Friday gets that is still not acceptable.

Roads?....Where we're going, we don't need roads... -Rom 5:1-2
Feedback---> www.icd-owners.com/htm...mp;t=13878
Chuey
ICDO Supporter
ICDO Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: ANSGear.com

Crash1976 wrote:
i had good luck with them, but I never bought anything ANS brand

Me 2. But I won't buy from them again after they tried to BS their way out of posting misleading ads.
CHRISMX22
Novice
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: ANSGear.com

its still a smart parts ion. so maybe they are right and you should call smart parts. you will find that smart parts will not back there products. im not trying to be smart just saying.

Chuey
ICDO Supporter
ICDO Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: ANSGear.com

CHRISMX22 wrote:
its still a smart parts ion. so maybe they are right and you should call smart parts. you will find that smart parts will not back there products. im not trying to be smart just saying.

I actually didn't expect them to service the gun at all until I started having a dialogue with their customer service guy and he tried to BS me regarding a warranty. The original call into customer service I stated three times it was an ANS Ion, and the customer service guy for some assinine reason stated that had my purchase not been made over a year ago they would warranty and service the product which I knew was BS.

And then if you look at the way they advertise the markers they doctor its absolutely deceptive. If you noticed in my complaint to the BBB, I didn't ask for any money or service, I am asking for ANS to stop with their misleading advertising and to post clearly for each marker whether or not there is a warranty. Especially when they doctor markers such from Smart Parts or WGP, companies who are out of business or going out of business. Imagine you're a 13 year old kid saving up just to get a decent marker and the kid thinks he gets a deal, thes something like this happens and he has no way of fixing it or getting a warranty honored from SP or ANS...Its not fair to BS people with ads and promised that aren't true.

"ANS has been a leader in the paintball industry for over 15 years. Our paintball guns have been tested through years of experience to bring you the best the market has to offer. ANS paintball guns are 100% made and assembled in the USA. ANS Xtreme was established in 1982 and their first guns were produced in 1994. Innovation and determination has brought you the latest and greatest Ions and Cockers the industry has ever seen.

Feel confident that if you purchase an ANS Paintball Gun, that you will not only receive the best possible gun but our industry leading customer service. Choose the ANS gun that is best suited for your style of play."
Post new topic   Revive this topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexPaintball talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: