ICDO Buy ICDO Gear at the ICDO CafePress Store!
Toggle Content Toggle Content

Toggle Content
Menu:

Toggle Content
User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Nickname
Password

Membership:
Latest: venomj
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 7891

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 52
Total: 52
Who Is Where:
 Visitors:
01: Forums
02: Forums
03: Forums
04: Forums
05: Forums
06: Forums
07: Forums
08: Forums
09: Forums
10: Forums
11: Forums
12: Home
13: Forums
14: Forums
15: Forums
16: Forums
17: Forums
18: Forums
19: Forums
20: Photo Gallery
21: Forums
22: Photo Gallery
23: Photo Gallery
24: Forums
25: Forums
26: Forums
27: Home
28: Forums
29: Forums
30: Forums
31: Forums
32: Photo Gallery
33: Forums
34: Home
35: Forums
36: Forums
37: Forums
38: Forums
39: Photo Gallery
40: Forums
41: Forums
42: Forums
43: Forums
44: Forums
45: Forums
46: Forums
47: Forums
48: Forums
49: Photo Gallery
50: Forums
51: Forums
52: Your Account

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content
Donations

Donate and suport ICDO!

Forums › General › Off Topic :: Archives › 4X4 in bottomless = not a fun day :: Archived

4X4 in bottomless = not a fun day
Non Paintball Stuff Here!
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Revive this topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexOff Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThcGunSmoke

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: 4X4 in bottomless = not a fun day

well its now 5:35 pm and well ive been stuck in bottomless snow since 2:30 pm. poped the valve cores (flat tires = extra traction) the tacoma just didnt want to move. of course i had been doing work to the truck and well never had the winch with me.. we just got a 1990 4 runner and i had transfered it on to the runner

My truck belly sits / frame clearance is 3' im running 33" MT 's with over 60% tred. (awesome tires in the snow) even better when they are flat Lol

girlfriend never drove stick a day in her life lol so i nearly had it out and she panics and pushes the clutch in and nearly runs me over and slides right back into our wonderful rut. so i jumped back in and luckily i was able to just keep enough traction and the little monster pulled herself out.

doesnt look that bad but the slop was so heavy when i felt the front end sink i knew that i was not going to have a good day.. thank god for the spade shovel in the back of the truck and the hand saw. cut a ton of branches off trees to i could get some sort of traction in the traitorous snow

last time ill take the yota out wheeling in the snow unless im packing my winch

im home, my back hurts, and well thats my day in a nutshell Smile

PL B2K Scrooge
PL B2K Scrooge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: 4X4 in bottomless = not a fun day

That's so rough. I remember when I used to go muddin' down in the bayou where I used to live, we would get stuck nonstop. It was less fun in mud.

They look good.
ThcGunSmoke

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: 4X4 in bottomless = not a fun day

i usually dont go out unless theres a few guys with winches.. but i said ahh wtf its been really cold and we just got 1 and a half foot of nice fluffy ness so i wasnt all that worried but i guess today it warmed up just enough to melt into the bottom layer of ice pack and well she just sank right into it.. had a guy coming 20 min out of town to winch me but i got her out 3 min after i made the phone call.. was getting dark at around 4:45

ICDO Supporter
ICDO Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: 4X4 in bottomless = not a fun day

looked like FUN!!!! lol

BIGEVILONLINE.COM
Nobody
ICDO Supporter
ICDO Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: 4X4 in bottomless = not a fun day

you know the cardinal rule, you may not have ever been stuck, you might not be stuck, but if you wheel without a winch or a buddy(GFs don't count. they can't dig you out for poopy), you will get stuck on day, at some point, where you don't have cell signal and its getting dark/cold/ or about to rain.

never wheeled in the snow, only back woods, light mud. at least you had a shovel to help. i need to look for a decent collapsible to keep in the my 4Runner whenever i actually get to put it together and running.

Crash1976 wrote:
if it was an LCD I was going to make a VooDoo doll of you and stab the 5h!t out of you for swapping boards... but no LCD, so swap away. Cuz you were gonna be all rolling on the floor n' scream'n n' 5h!t... you wer're gonna be like "ah gods!...what have I done!!" and I was gonna be like "take that you eclipse bastardizing piece of fecal matter!"
maloneoni
Man with no name
Man with no name

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: 4X4 in bottomless = not a fun day

That sucks.

63VDub wrote:
I see potential for a CO2 operated tattoo gun...

Beating plowshares into swords.
ThcGunSmoke

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: 4X4 in bottomless = not a fun day

o believe me i was thinking like why the fukk did i swap the winch onto the runner.. i wont have it on the road till the end of feb. its undergoing front axel swap and a few other minor touches.. will be running 39" tires when im done with it the tacoma is going to undergo a LT kit so i can take a trip down to the desert and hit some whoops or do the logging roads at + 70 kmph and my rode will feel like a caddy instead of me bouncing all over the place with my current setup

I always carry a shovel and toe strap and usually have a winch when im doing stupidness (wheeling in a good 3 ' of snow) especially when im alone..

i got out of the truck going ok wtf wait a second its on the runner thats when the sware words starting coming out of my mouth but we wont go there.. im out, Was fun ive run in the snow alot im not one of those ppl that are magically waiting for the magic traction man to come along by digging myself a rut to china.. as soon as i felt those tires spin and i wasnt moving it was time to bust out a shovel and think about how im going to get myself out of this mess. must have dug a good 3 ' - 4' wheel trench infront of me and another track width behind me on a nice gradual slope and well the saw comes in handy. i laid down alot of branches they help wonders. was a fun day good thing i was only about 3 min walk from the main road if i were to have to walk out of the bush. i must say the ride back to the gasstation was funny all 4 tires running about 10 lb of air Razz

good times

ICDO Supporter
ICDO Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: 4X4 in bottomless = not a fun day

trips and 4x4'er makes me want to pack a tank or 2 or HPA and get the Palmer tire reg setup, or make up a on board compressor so that when someone lowers tire pressure, you can air back up when you're done wheeling.

Crash1976 wrote:
if it was an LCD I was going to make a VooDoo doll of you and stab the 5h!t out of you for swapping boards... but no LCD, so swap away. Cuz you were gonna be all rolling on the floor n' scream'n n' 5h!t... you wer're gonna be like "ah gods!...what have I done!!" and I was gonna be like "take that you eclipse bastardizing piece of fecal matter!"
maloneoni
Man with no name
Man with no name

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: 4X4 in bottomless = not a fun day

^I was thinking about how set up a rig to do that. Just have not gotten around to buying the fittings yet.

63VDub wrote:
I see potential for a CO2 operated tattoo gun...

Beating plowshares into swords.
ThcGunSmoke

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 4X4 in bottomless = not a fun day

i wouldnt mind just getting one of those electric mini compressors that plug into the lighter switch its noting fancy and sure they take a while prolly 3-5 min per tire but its cheap and it works

Post new topic   Revive this topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexOff Topic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: