ICDO Buy ICDO Gear at the ICDO CafePress Store!
Toggle Content Toggle Content

Toggle Content
Menu:

Toggle Content
User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Nickname
Password

Membership:
Latest: AHPaintball
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 7896

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 89
Total: 89
Who Is Where:
 Visitors:
01: Forums
02: Forums
03: Forums
04: Forums
05: Photo Gallery
06: Photo Gallery
07: Photo Gallery
08: Your Account
09: Forums
10: Forums
11: Your Account
12: Forums
13: Forums
14: Forums
15: Forums
16: Forums
17: Forums
18: Forums
19: Forums
20: Forums
21: Forums
22: Forums
23: Forums
24: Forums
25: Forums
26: Forums
27: Forums
28: Forums
29: Photo Gallery
30: Forums
31: Your Account
32: Forums
33: Forums
34: Forums
35: Forums
36: Forums
37: Forums
38: Photo Gallery
39: Forums
40: Home
41: Forums
42: Forums
43: Photo Gallery
44: Forums
45: Forums
46: Forums
47: Forums
48: Forums
49: Forums
50: Forums
51: Forums
52: Forums
53: Forums
54: Forums
55: Forums
56: Forums
57: Forums
58: Forums
59: Forums
60: Forums
61: Forums
62: Forums
63: Forums
64: Forums
65: Forums
66: Forums
67: Forums
68: Your Account
69: Forums
70: Forums
71: Forums
72: Photo Gallery
73: Your Account
74: Forums
75: Forums
76: Forums
77: Forums
78: Photo Gallery
79: Forums
80: Forums
81: Forums
82: Forums
83: Forums
84: Forums
85: Forums
86: Forums
87: Forums
88: Forums
89: Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content
Donations

Donate and suport ICDO!

Forums › General › Calendar of Events › Feb 12, Big Game, Jungle Island, Lake Elsinore, CA

Feb 12, Big Game, Jungle Island, Lake Elsinore, CA
Put your events here.. Tournaments, Scenario games, Indian Creek Designs, or ICDO-specific stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexCalendar of Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gadget_Soldier
Novice
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Feb 12, Big Game, Jungle Island, Lake Elsinore, CA

First Big Game of the year at Jungle Island Paintball Park in Lake Elsinore, CA

$25 entry
$10 all day air
BYOP but paint is also available at the field.

To my paintball friends: For those of you that live in the Southern California area, I'm sure you have all heard about the tragedy that has struck the paintball world. Mage from the SouthWest Regulators was attacked in his own home by a knife wielding suspect who also attacked his daughter and her boyfriend. Sadly, the daughter did not survive her wounds.

Here is the first report:
MURRIETA: Triple stabbing leaves 1 dead, 2 wounded | Breaking News | PE.com - Press-Enterprise

Here is the updated report:
MURRIETA: Mother describes daughter’s slaying, suspect’s background | Breaking News | PE.com - Press-Enterprise

But thankfully they caught the suspect:
MURRIETA: Stabbing suspect held without bail | Breaking News | PE.com - Press-Enterprise

I actually want to thank ZenMic, who is also a teammate of Mage and Deelux on the Regulators and Ralph "Tazz" Gonzales, of Bandit Splat Paintball, for starting with the idea of a fundraising event.

When I heard the news from Mic about Mage, I had a sense of helplessness, because although I don't know Mage and his family personally, they are still family in a paintballing sense. Then Mic relayed that Ralph wanted to do a fundraising type of event, but the reality is that the incident happened during the Christmas season, people have finances tied up or are out of town and not able to participate. I figured that since there is a Big Game scheduled on Feb 12 locally, it would be a good time to do something like this where everyone is back and is ready to help out and even play a little paintball to vent frustrations and stress.

The SouthWest Regulators have established a memorial website for Saskia Burke in which you can sign in at the guestbook and there is a paypal link for those that want to send a monetary donation to help the family.

Remember Saskia

Also, I have contacted the man that runs the Big Game and he has agreed to help. Instead of just a regular raffle at the end of the day, it will be a fundraising raffle and all the money from the raffle sales will go to Mage's family. In turn, I have sent a private messages to local paintball friends and teams to see if they can donate to the raffle in one form or another and so far I have gotten a lot of replies in which they will help out as much as they can. However, with the huge amount of support that individuals, teams and even companies that have pledged to donate to the fundraising raffle, it would be best to not only raffle items at the end of the up coming Big Game, but to continue to raffle the donated items at other local events as well, with permission from the owners/producers of the event.

In addition, we felt that it would be best to hand over the responsibility to someone that is close to the Burke family and is also on the same paintball team.

I have talked to Gary Dunham a.k.a. DeeLux, XO of the Southwest Regs and a fellow OSF, and he has agreed to take over responsibility. He has known the Burke family a long time and it is his honor to take charge of the overwhelming responsibility.

For those local teams that are wanting to turn in items for donation at the Big Game or have asked your sponsors for items, please consider this: instead of donating an item, a monetary donation in the name of your team and/or sponsor would be much more helpful and appreciated.

If it is convenient for you, your team and/or your sponsors, you can donate that money on the memorial website: Remember Saskia You can use Paypal direct or also use credit cards as well. If you feel the need to use check, money order or cashier’s check, please email Gary at deelux.sw.regulator@gmail.com on who to make the check to.

For those that are still willing to donate items to be raffled off, Gary is requesting a list of those items, so that he may have a positive control of what is being donated. Please email Gary at deelux.sw.regulator@gmail.com the list of donated items. Gary will outline what and how the donated items will be raffled off as well as showing who has donated on the memorial page.

Thank you for your continued support and we hope to see you at the Big Game.

Gadget.

Team Knuckle Draggerz proudly sponsored by:
Paintballphotography.com / Paintball Gateway Online Store / Tippmannparts.com / Pinokio Hoppers
Gadget_Soldier
Novice
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Re: Feb 12, Big Game, Jungle Island, Lake Elsinore, CA

ok added the flyer to the first post.

Come on out and bring new players to this event. Nothing complicated, just a good old time. Also, the raffle at the end of the day is going to a good cause.

Paintballphotography.com / Paintball Gateway Online Store / Tippmannparts.com / Pinokio Hoppers
maloneoni
Man with no name
Man with no name

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Re: Feb 12, Big Game, Jungle Island, Lake Elsinore, CA

That is a sad story. They have my condolences.

63VDub wrote:
I see potential for a CO2 operated tattoo gun...

Beating plowshares into swords.
Gadget_Soldier
Novice
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Feb 12, Big Game, Jungle Island, Lake Elsinore, CA

Hey everyone, the memorial game is now 2 weeks away and I want to remind everyone that if you, your team and/or sponsors are going to be donated for the raffle at the memorial game, please contact Gary Dunham, aka Deelux at deelux.sw.regulator @ gmail.com and let him know that you will be bringing items to the game. Email him an itemized list so that he can know what to expect that is coming for the game. Please forward this to everyone that is involved and hope to see you at the game!

Gadget_Soldier
Novice
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Re: Feb 12, Big Game, Jungle Island, Lake Elsinore, CA

This message was posted by Pickle on Painball4all.com:

Gunny and I talked on the phone today and discussed the upcoming big game which is in memory of Saskia Burke. As you all know there will be a raffle that day from many vendors to help offset some of the costs for the Burke family. Paintball has always been a family affair for Gunny and me, and we felt compelled to do more than just provide a venue for the event. After some discussion we decided to donate all the profits (after expenditures) to the Burke family. So make sure to invite as many people as you can in order to make this as beneficial to the Burke family as possible. I am also looking for people to donate their time to referee this event. By doing this we can keep costs down that can go to the Burke family.

Gadget_Soldier
Novice
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Feb 12, Big Game, Jungle Island, Lake Elsinore, CA

FYI, there is a memorial for Saskia at 1pm on Saturday at Murrieta Valley High School. If you are in the area, you are more than welcome to attend.

Here is the link: murrieta.patch.com/art...skia-burke

Gadget_Soldier
Novice
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Feb 12, Big Game, Jungle Island, Lake Elsinore, CA

I have posted this on my Facebook page and I will post it here as well:

I am tired, sore and all shot up, but I am glad to have played with my fellow Knuckle Draggerz: Toklas, Binky, Gutz, Kamikaze and Cadillac. It has been a long time...

Thank you Pickle for running this event and for the Southwest Regulators, especially DeeLux, for taking charge and putting together the prizes for the fundraising raffle at the end of the day.

Thanks to the manufacturers, stores, teams and individual players that have donated to the fundraising raffle. (I will hopefully post up a list of names eventually, when I get the final list or when DeeLux posts up here)

And last, but certainly not least, thank you to everyone that has shown up to honor the memory of Saskia "Yah Yah" Burke. Over 160 players were registered and thanks to Gunny of Jungle Island Paintball Park, he has graciously donated all the proceeds towards the Burke family. This goes to show that we are not just a paintballing community, we are all a paintballing family!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexCalendar of Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: