ICDO Buy ICDO Gear at the ICDO CafePress Store!
Toggle Content Toggle Content

Toggle Content
Menu:

Toggle Content
User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Nickname
Password

Membership:
Latest: Skyzhay
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 7947

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 179
Total: 179
Who Is Where:
 Visitors:
01: Home
02: Forums
03: Home
04: Home
05: Photo Gallery
06: Forums
07: Photo Gallery
08: Forums
09: Forums
10: Forums
11: Forums
12: Forums
13: Forums
14: Photo Gallery
15: Photo Gallery
16: Forums
17: Forums
18: Forums
19: Forums
20: Forums
21: Forums
22: Forums
23: Forums
24: Photo Gallery
25: Forums
26: Forums
27: Forums
28: Photo Gallery
29: Forums
30: Home
31: Forums
32: Forums
33: Forums
34: Forums
35: Forums
36: Forums
37: Forums
38: Forums
39: Forums
40: Forums
41: Forums
42: Forums
43: Forums
44: Forums
45: Forums
46: Forums
47: Forums
48: Photo Gallery
49: Home
50: Forums
51: Photo Gallery
52: Forums
53: Forums
54: Forums
55: Photo Gallery
56: Forums
57: Photo Gallery
58: Forums
59: Forums
60: Forums
61: Forums
62: Forums
63: Forums
64: Forums
65: Forums
66: Photo Gallery
67: Photo Gallery
68: Forums
69: Forums
70: Forums
71: Forums
72: Forums
73: Forums
74: Forums
75: Forums
76: Forums
77: Forums
78: Forums
79: Forums
80: Forums
81: Forums
82: Forums
83: Home
84: Home
85: Forums
86: Forums
87: Forums
88: Forums
89: Forums
90: Forums
91: Forums
92: Forums
93: Forums
94: Forums
95: Forums
96: Forums
97: Forums
98: Forums
99: Forums
100: Forums
101: Forums
102: Forums
103: Forums
104: Forums
105: Forums
106: Forums
107: Forums
108: Forums
109: Forums
110: Forums
111: Forums
112: Photo Gallery
113: Photo Gallery
114: Photo Gallery
115: Photo Gallery
116: Forums
117: Photo Gallery
118: Photo Gallery
119: Photo Gallery
120: Home
121: Home
122: Forums
123: Forums
124: Home
125: Forums
126: Forums
127: Forums
128: Forums
129: Forums
130: Forums
131: Forums
132: Home
133: Forums
134: Photo Gallery
135: Forums
136: Forums
137: Forums
138: Forums
139: Forums
140: Home
141: Forums
142: Forums
143: Forums
144: Home
145: Forums
146: Photo Gallery
147: Photo Gallery
148: Photo Gallery
149: Photo Gallery
150: Forums
151: Forums
152: Forums
153: Forums
154: Forums
155: Forums
156: Photo Gallery
157: Photo Gallery
158: Forums
159: Forums
160: Forums
161: Forums
162: Forums
163: Forums
164: Forums
165: Forums
166: Photo Gallery
167: Forums
168: Photo Gallery
169: Photo Gallery
170: Photo Gallery
171: Forums
172: Forums
173: Forums
174: Home
175: Home
176: Forums
177: Photo Gallery
178: Photo Gallery
179: Home

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!

Toggle Content
Donations

Donate and suport ICDO!

Forums › General › Paintball talk :: Archives › Boston NPPL :: Archived

Boston NPPL
Talk about anything related to paintball here.
Post new topic   Revive this topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexPaintball talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CJLOVI
Pro Baller
Pro Baller

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Boston NPPL

It was good to attend a National Tourney! The different divisions were a learning experience to watch.

I was a little disapointed not to see ICD there. So were a few players who needed their markers tech'ed.

Fortunately I had the handy dandy tool kit in the truck with the cordless dremmel tool and the butane soldering tool.

Back at the hotel I noticed a player, Div 3 with a V7. I asked how he liked it. He pointed out a few problems. I did the manifold mod, replaced a few o-rings, took out the shocker lube and replaced it with the SuperLube and let the kid test it in the parking garage garbage can.

With in a hour I had four more V7's banging on my hotel door. I repped ICD and made five V7 owners "Extremely Happy."

My disapointment came as I didn't see any ICD Sponsored Teams or Tech's at the tourney.

Now I shot, at the NPPL, the EGO's, Angels, Aliens (Bushmaster Knock Off) and numerous other markers. I have yet to find one that matches performance to cost as the V7 does. The V7 weigh's noticabbly "MUCH LESS" than the others, shoots just as fast and just as straight.

Now ICD needs to get it together and sponsor some "NON PRO" Teams and get them to the major events to rep their markers.

A Loyal ICD Customer. Based on "Fact" not "HYPE."
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Combat_Wombat
Amateur
Amateur

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston NPPL

[quote="CJLOVI"]Aliens (Bushmaster Knock Off)[/quote]

Aliens are HARDLY bushmaster knockoffs. You seem to know whats up in markers, drop by the alien forums some time and read up before you call it a knock off. Aliens have an independant ram housing, so the noid bolts right to the manifold, which bolts right to the ram. The alien also has the sweep system, which adds a slight amount of gyroscopic backspin on the ball to tighten up the trajectory. less circular, more oval trajectory. Shoot it, cause I know you won't believe it. There are many other features about aliens that differentiate them from bushmasters. Being an alien fanatic, I just had to let you know.

Shooting the Black w/ gold parts Alien Remains
DarrylHadfield
Just Some Guy
Just Some Guy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston NPPL

Combat_Wombat wrote:
Aliens are HARDLY bushmaster knockoffs
Aliens have an independant ram housing, so the noid bolts right to the manifold, which bolts right to the ram.

Pardon me, but.. take out "an independent" and you have a description of the bushmaster.

Quote::
The alien also has the sweep system, which adds a slight amount of gyroscopic backspin on the ball to tighten up the trajectory. less circular, more oval trajectory.

Do you comprehend what a backspin does?

You essentially acquire distance at the cost of impact.. Just like the Tippmann flatline. Yup, you'll boost from oh.. 150ft up to perhaps 200-225 feet.. but it'll hit the target and bounce off. I've seen it happen... to ME. Waste of money, IMO.

There are many other features about aliens that differentiate them from bushmasters. Being an alien fanatic, I just had to let you know.

So.. for the purposes of this conversation... what are those other features? I'm not one to suggest that ICD's products are better than others, just because I happen to own them.. I honestly would like to see what other features the Alien has.

D.

Pro Baller
Pro Baller

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston NPPL

OK! Alien had their markers cut in half exposing the parts. The LPR Spring looks like a spring to a Car Shock.. The Valve is identical to a Bushmaster/Bko. Slotted air flow instead of a circular hole (Copied ICD) Weight is way more than a Bushmaster.

Youre right. The noid is independently mounted (Freestyle) but add a tray and you have a Bushmaster.

So who copied who.
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Combat_Wombat
Amateur
Amateur

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Boston NPPL

Everything you'll ever need stock. And it's different that the tippmann flatline. The tippmann puts MASSIVE backspin on the ball, so much so that if it's not perfect conditions, it will mess up. aliens shoot flatter when tilted, with smaller paint in larger bore, with perfect bore match... you may call it bogus, but it doesn't explain why almost every player who shoots them notices the tighter trajectory at longer range.
now, on the what features it has.
The 06 alien interceptors cost 610, while the remains costs 910. They both come stock with clamping feednecks (remains has an AKA one), the remains has a cp reg, they both come with on/offs, they both have WAS coding stock (the new interceptors will have the microchip and the new WAS noid), the interceptor weighs 2.35 pounds and the remains weighs 2 pounds exactly with everything on it, including on/off, barrel, regs, internals, and battery. believe it or not, they both have the sweep system. The remains run at 180 hpr, 70 lpr. interceptor runs at ~200 hps, 90 lpr. The remains has an integrated LPR. They both come stock with .689, gun drilled and honed barrel (made from a block of aluminum, not a pipe. These are very similar to the redz pepperstix kit) The interceptor has the very comfortable 85* frame, and the remains can have either 45* or 85*. Alien offers 2 different bolts, one has a concave tip to lessen the force applied on the ball, so it's easier on more brittle paint. They use matrix detents and NME boards and eyes. Not to mention, since the ram and noid are independant pieces from the body, you can tech the gun while gassed up, making it MUCH easier to spot leaks.
That pretty much sums it up. any other questions?

Shooting the Black w/ gold parts Alien Remains
CJLOVI
Pro Baller
Pro Baller

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Boston NPPL

I apologize if I offended anyone! That wasn't my intention. I don't place much faith in other forums. Read the ION Forums. Every one there will swear they're the best. The sales rep introduce me to a Por Player on a very well known team at the NPPL. He raved about the Alien. Stated he played with one in a NPPL Tourney earlier in the year! My only question was simple! Why are't you and your team using them now? I won't quote their comments.

OK so Alien copied the Bushmaster Valve, Put a larger designed Bushmaster LPR on the cheaper model and a Stock 05 Freestyle LPR design on the upped model. They "Feel" heavier than my Bushmaster's and definately heavier than my Freestyles.They coppied Tippman technology with the back spin bolt just modified it a little.

For $575 you van get a V7 for less that $910 you can get the low model EGO or a DM/Proto.

As far as the trajectory, my V7's land 95% of their balls on a 12" by 12" board at 100' using a fair paint and ball to barrel match.
Spitlebug
Medicated
Medicated

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston NPPL

The only Alien marker I have ever been interested in is the Monarch (you know, the marker with the trap door).

Alien has a long reputation of not delivering the goods. Besides, I think the ICE guys were ready to sue the crap out of Jack Rice if he did bring out the Monarch because it falls under thier patent for a trapdoor on thier Epic marker.

So good, I don't need feedback.
CJLOVI
Pro Baller
Pro Baller

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston NPPL

You go Spittle!!!!! Couldn't have said it better!
DarrylHadfield
Just Some Guy
Just Some Guy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston NPPL

Combat_Wombat wrote:
Everything you'll ever need stock.

"stock" is a falsehood, based on your statements. The thing's not stock - it's got aftermarket parts out the wazoo on it. How much of it, aside from the main body, is stock?

And it's different that the tippmann flatline. The tippmann puts MASSIVE backspin on the ball, so much so that if it's not perfect conditions, it will mess up. aliens shoot flatter when tilted, with smaller paint in larger bore, with perfect bore match... you may call it bogus

So how does the backspin on an alien differ? Have they figured out a way to defy the laws of physics, as they pertain to aerodynamics?

And yes, I do call it bogus.

, but it doesn't explain why almost every player who shoots them notices the tighter trajectory at longer range.

I suspect you're dealing with a good paint/bore match, and little to nothing to do with backspin. As for the players? What CJ said. You don't see them around much.

That pretty much sums it up. any other questions?

Impressive list of features - although I would hasten to add that you can achieve the same result, for a lesser cost, with a good number of other markers, as well. The Lasoya PM, since it's an ICD related marker, is the first one that comes to mind.

I suppose what I'm driving at, bottom line, is that with an ICD marker, you will get a pretty darn good price to feature ratio - much better, I would suggest, than what you'll find with a Timmy, Trix, Angel, Cocker... or Alien.

I think, when I get all the thunderstrucks back, I'm going to do a write-up on the cost and performance ratio. Sure, I'll have more time into them than most markers... but I can compare a TS to any other bushy out there, which wouldn't have the same time input, and get equivalent performance out of it.

Okay 'nuff said. .someone kick this soap box out from under me...

D.

Pro Headcase

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston NPPL

DarrylHadfield wrote:

Okay 'nuff said. .someone kick this soap box out from under me...

D.

okay, with pleasure! Oh, you weren't being literal, were you? sorry about that.

hijacked by a pirate!

I didn’t see modular electronics until I was already a man,
by then to me it was only blinding.
The harnesses betray you because they belong to me.”
Post new topic   Revive this topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum IndexPaintball talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: